Monday, January 2, 2012

Terrific advice, if you have a dead rabbit handy

I thought I'd better post this on the ol' blog since it really is great, and useful advice (we've had about 45 earthquakes in the last 24 hours so we are probably looking at a Grand Re-Opening of our back yard lavvie sometime soon).
Dad was telling me the way to clean out (deepen, remove the stench, refresh) a full long-drop is to throw in a dead rabbit, at the end of the summer. The blowflies will get the rabbit, and then the ensuing maggots will take care of the bizzo.
See, Dads really do know everything. Don't ever question their "right-ness" or ability to know it all.
And for those who are wondering, you should be able to find a dead rabbit on any old country road, or, a drowned (or frozen) lamb would also work if you were stuck for a dead rabbit. I don't think a dozen docked lamb tails would have enough meat to get a good blowie infestation going though...

I don't believe a photo, or other visual, is necessary. If you have further questions, please refer them to Dad.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Our family of 5 currently lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. I love being here because of the weather, the clean water, Dad living 5 minutes from us, and our Ward. I miss my friends and family overseas and invite you all to come here for a holiday!