Sunday, September 22, 2013

BK is back BABY!!!

My darling niece Nellia FBs me on chat all the time (there might be a name for that but I'm not all techno like a teenager).  Because of the time difference, I'm often at school.  During lunch hour.  Last week when I was talking to her I had to go out and find Meg (to scrounge some lunch off her) and I told Nellia she would be found sitting by the river, feeding the ducks.  And she was...  I bet our campus is the most beautiful in the world...  from this angle.
 Meg, Rubs and Gracie
 This is the view of our school from the street.  We recently put up these huge art installations to distract from the fact that the auditorium is looking a bit rough...
 Just to the left of the auditorium is the river where the girls like to relax and eat lunch...
 That heavily tree-ed island is where we have the music department, staff room and careers advisor block.  Yes, we have an island on campus :)  (in my day it was the Art Department)

 This shipping container has been turned into a locker room for the junior students.  It has been painted all pretty by the girls so each one represents one of the school houses.
 Because the connection between these two buildings is EQed, we have to cut thru the PE block/pool to get to the other classrooms.... ordinarily this area is totally out of bounds.
And there are signs like this at school.  We are used to them though, they are all over the city.
 I LOVE this school.  I think we are doing an amazing job still using it for a school and no one complains about it or anything.  Who cares if the lunchroom/cantine is now in the art history room?  And the drama department is trying to work out of a pre-fab classroom? 
I am so proud of the people of Christchurch for just getting on with life since the earthquakes...

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Our family of 5 currently lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. I love being here because of the weather, the clean water, Dad living 5 minutes from us, and our Ward. I miss my friends and family overseas and invite you all to come here for a holiday!