Monday, March 14, 2011

Beauty and the Beast

Here's the beauty...
Mike came over with Fifi and pruned by bay trees... He is a *master* at it so I didn't even try to do it myself... but it happened on the perfect day. Everything was just TOO DARN MUCH and then I came home from running errands to this :) It really is the small things that save your sanity sometimes...
And here is the Beast. My poor front doorstep, cracked down the middle, and pulled off from the porch of our house (by almost an inch... where the paint looks like it is coming off it is not, that part was never painted because it was under the wooden porch). You can also see some of the horrible liquifaction sand that is *everywhere*. It never ceases to amaze me how you can go to bed apparently quite clean but wake up with a bed full of sand. 2 minutes after I vacuum the house it is all over the floors again. It is in the bath, on the windowsills, in the glasses on the kitchen shelf, on the couch and it lightly dusts all the fruit on the table. And this is with me keeping the doors and windows shut (not too hard considering they are jammed shut) and vacuuming all the time.
But let me refer you back to my beautiful bay trees again... they make up for a lot! (PS Styci do not even look at my grass... we are having a drought and Dad was on "lawns" while we were in Aussie so he decided to keep the edges nice by SPRAYING them with Roundup. Gulp. Love ya Dad!)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Our family of 5 currently lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. I love being here because of the weather, the clean water, Dad living 5 minutes from us, and our Ward. I miss my friends and family overseas and invite you all to come here for a holiday!