Thursday, March 3, 2011

Megane is very aware...

This afternoon Megane was packing to go away for the weekend with her best friend and their family. She was really excited, and called Grace to find out where they are going to stay. She got off the phone and said to me "Mum, the hotel room is on the first floor with a balcony which is okay... but it is on the side of a hill so if there is a landslide we will be crushed to death." I replied "There won't be a landslide" and kept doing what I was doing. She replied very matter-of-factly "You don't know that Mum."

How would it be to grow up knowing that the earth could *freak out* under your feet at any moment and kill you? I suspected it could do that, but I didn't know it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Our family of 5 currently lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. I love being here because of the weather, the clean water, Dad living 5 minutes from us, and our Ward. I miss my friends and family overseas and invite you all to come here for a holiday!