Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's late and I'm tired

It's late and I'm tired so the last thing I should be doing is updating our blog. I don't even know what to comment on. We went to church today and it was good to see everyone again. There are two functioning chapels in our city, the others are down for the count (which is probably 2 years we heard). We went for a drive out to Redcliffs, Sumner and Brighton to see what was left and to take photos for Sam and J. It was blimin' depressing is all I am going to say. I cannot imagine how it will ever get cleaned up (photos tomorrow maybe). When I was younger (in high school even) we used to have red phone boxes on pretty much every other street. Today it was like someone had turned the clock back, but instead of phone boxes it was port-a-loos everywhere. There are 3-4 on every street in some areas. And the worst thing we saw today was a white-haired old lady coming out of one on Ferry Road. Nana would have laid down and died rather than used a port-a-loo, in the rain, on a main street. It sounds silly now that I write about it because everyone has to go to the toilet, they just do... but you don't expect to know about an 80 year old woman's bowel movements on a Sunday afternoon. And how did she get there? Did she walk home in the rain? How did she get up and down her front steps, and what about the mess of a footpath she had to walk on? I've got nothing to complain about personally but there are many people in my city in difficult circumstances. xx

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Our family of 5 currently lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. I love being here because of the weather, the clean water, Dad living 5 minutes from us, and our Ward. I miss my friends and family overseas and invite you all to come here for a holiday!