Friday, December 23, 2011

11.14pm (Friday 23rd Dec)

Just about to go to bed, and I thought I'd better update and let you know that the kids are okay. Lucy was sobbing in her bed, scared that the "earthquakes will come down on us" and she begged to sleep with me, or Megane. I had to get the house sorted in case we have big aftershocks tonight so she is next to Megane.
I've made everyone get (aftershock now) cleaned (you never know when you'll have your next shower when you live in ChCh) and into bed as soon as possible (10pm), with slippers and a jacket beside the bed. I guess that is one of the advantages of being raised by a firefighter - I know how to lay out the clothes on the floor just in case I have to jump and and get dressed for "an event" :). My keys (and rings) are in an escape bag by the door. The chairs are away from the table so we can all get under there if necessary. All water bottles are full. The house is fully vacuumed and there is nothing that can fall on the floor and get in our way if we have to Get Out. The phone and batteries are charging, dishwasher and washing machine are on (nothing worse than having dirty stuff sitting around when you have no electricity and no water supply) Diva Cup is steralized (hey if that is T.M.I. then you aren't from here... no one wants to get caught out and I'm prepared (another after shock) to share anything!), I have plenty of medication packed and ready to go and the car is 3/4 full of petrol. Not much more I can do but go to sleep.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. See you tomorrow :)
xxx

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Our family of 5 currently lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. I love being here because of the weather, the clean water, Dad living 5 minutes from us, and our Ward. I miss my friends and family overseas and invite you all to come here for a holiday!