Friday, December 9, 2011

St Michael's School









We just got back from taking Megane to an activity at school... while we were there I took the opportunity to take a few photos - Sebastien in front of the billboard (outside the school gates) with his picture on it (sports rep), the earthquaked front entrance (oh yes, over a year later it still looks like this because the insurance people have so much other stuff to do), and the "old building" that is also earthquaked, and has a train container for the children to walk through so they don't get hit by falling rubble. You will notice a pile of white limestone blocks on the ground. I think they are saving them to reuse when the building is fixed.

To people from outside-of-town this might look bad - but we aren't complaining. The school is running and the kids are happy.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Our family of 5 currently lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. I love being here because of the weather, the clean water, Dad living 5 minutes from us, and our Ward. I miss my friends and family overseas and invite you all to come here for a holiday!