Thursday, December 22, 2011

The tree.... version 2

You like? This is a wreath made of 15m of Christmas lights. When we can work out how to suspend it from the ceiling (without bringing down what is left of our earthquaked ceiling) then we are going to have it hanging over the table.

Do you love Sebas' paperclip necklace or what? We had them to help us hang the balls on the tree... but Lucy made this with the leftovers.


And here is proof that I was in on the act!



Yer yer yer, we put up the tree the day after Seb's birthday but it was so......... CHRISTMASSY that I just couldn't stand it, so we took it down, moved it to the dining room, bought some balls and crepe paper and had another go at it. I even participated! (If you don't know me well, this is a big deal. I am REALLY not into the whole Christmas thing - I mean heck, we all know that Jesus wasn't even born in December...) So here we are, mid-afternoon, when it is hot outside (oh yer, why am I wearing a winter dressing gown and sheepskin slippers? Because I was also about to start cooking and I always wear them to cook. I guess this outfit is doubles as my apron???) working on our Christmas tree, and wreath. Needless to say I wish everyone was here to join in the fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joli sapin !

About Me

My photo
Our family of 5 currently lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. I love being here because of the weather, the clean water, Dad living 5 minutes from us, and our Ward. I miss my friends and family overseas and invite you all to come here for a holiday!