Sunday, February 27, 2011

If you come to visit, don't park in the driveway

At the request of M McAlpine here is a pic of our rapidly disintergrating firewall (it was once upon a time a chimney). Yesterday it had detached from the house and today it was like this. Another good shake and it is going down down down, down to China town. So don't park in the driveway unless you are well insured.
I have a feeling it is going to make quite a noise when it comes down and while it won't be good for the driveway (which is in a way worse state than the firewall anyway) I fear it is going to really hurt my hedging. Sigh. Is there no end to the mess I have to clean up?
Here's hoping the army comes and takes it down (and tarp's up the wall for me) before it falls down. And yes, before you ask, I reported it so they should be here in the next 48 hours or so because it is a danger to life and limb.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Our family of 5 currently lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. I love being here because of the weather, the clean water, Dad living 5 minutes from us, and our Ward. I miss my friends and family overseas and invite you all to come here for a holiday!