Thursday, February 24, 2011

Our kiwi boys

This is the building everyone is worried about. Can you tell from this picture that it is slumping towards the left? It is going to go down... we all know that. Every time there was an earthquake today (and there was a good'un that was just 1km down) everyone looks at this hotel. It is one block from the rescue HQ so everyone will be covered in dust and debris - but what can you do? For those that know Christchurch, it is on the Square.
Chuck, here is your family in action

Dad, do you recognise anyone?

Because this is Dad's family I made sure they had (vile, instant) coffee at all times. They started to accuse me and the other delivery girls of fattening them up!
While I saw lots of Dad's mates today I did not see The Man Himself. He was out on roofs and putting out house fires in Shirley. He went the whole day hungry and thirsty... but Dad, I was thinking of you and all my students were on the look out for you xxx

1 comment:

Paula W said...

I am a Christchurch girl in Western Australia with family and friends in the city. What you are writing is so informative and helpful. Thank you! Please keep writing. I check in every day.

About Me

My photo
Our family of 5 currently lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. I love being here because of the weather, the clean water, Dad living 5 minutes from us, and our Ward. I miss my friends and family overseas and invite you all to come here for a holiday!